1½ lbs broccoli
2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
2-3 cups (8 oz) sliced mushroom
1 tsp salt
1 tsp pepper
1-2 tbsp ground ginger
- Invite your gossip friend over. While you’re waiting…
- Chop broccoli as desired. Wash it first, don’t be a nasty ass.
- Heat the oil over medium heat in a large skillet or wok. When ready, add the broccoli. Sauté until the florets are mostly cooked, about 5-7 minutes.
- While broccoli is cooking, get ready for the tea. Do your dance, do your dance!
- Add mushroom, salt, pepper, and ground ginger. Mix together.
- Add the juice of half a lemon (about 1 tbsp). Cook for another 5-7 minutes, until the mushroom begin to cook. Have a mind of your own sometimes, you more lemon then add more. Goodness!
- Taste and adjust seasoning. Broccoli can still have a bit of a crunch. This will add an extra audible element to the tea time that is about to go down cause you know yo friend got a big mouth.
- Add the zest from the half of the lemon (1-2 tsp). Cook for another minute or two and serve.
- Serve to your gossip boo. If they have not given you the tea afterwards, you probably did not prepare this correctly. Or maybe they don’t like lemon. In either case, you failed. Begin again.